Thursday, May 23, 2013

Slow Roasted Salmon with Herbs

Whew.

That was one whirlwind of a week.

And I don't think I could have asked for a better way to end my college years.  My parents were here.  We absolutely feasted on the most delicious food at every meal.  Played an excessive amount of pool.  Had a few celebratory cocktails.  Explored some unknown parts of Boston.  Did a little shopping...

...And of course I graduated!



After the amount of food I consumed over the past week my stomach is telling me that I should not be thinking about delicious food at the moment...

But the mere thought of this salmon makes me salivate.

I realized some time ago that I have never done a salmon post.  And that's ridiculous because I absolutely love salmon and I eat it all the time.

So I'm sorry that this is the first one I've shared...but I promise you it won't disappoint.  The slow roasting.  The slathering of herbs.  The spring salad.  It exceeded my expectations.

And I'd say it will do the same for you.



slow roasted salmon with herbs



Adapted from The Right Recipe

Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes + 30 minutes to bring salmon to room temperature

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
2 lb wild salmon, with the skin on
1 lemon
1/2 cup shallots, finely diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
  1. Remove the salmon from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature.  Preheat the oven to 250° and place a shallow pan of water on the bottom rack.
  2. Finely grate the zest of the lemon until you have 1 teaspoon.  Combine the lemon zest, shallots, dill, tarragon, and parsley in a small bowl.  Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
  3. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Smear about 1/3 of the herb mixture on the fish and turn it over.  Slather the skin side of the fist with the remaining herb mixture and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
  4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake about 25 minutes or until the salmon separates into flakes.  Remove from oven and serve immediately.










2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. I really need to work on the food photos for my blog. Www.dinnerbromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...