Monday, January 28, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Super Bowl Sunday

I hate to bring an untraditional Meal Plan Monday to the table on the second week of getting back to it...but I'm going to anyway.

It's going to be a busy week between school and work so I'm not sure how much time there will be for dinner making.  Luckily though, I planned ahead and whipped up a few things yesterday to have for leftovers and to share with you later this week.

As I'm sure you already know, we're just a few days away from Super Bowl Sunday.  And while I totally enjoy watching the game, I'm way more excited to make the food.  Especially since the Chiefs won't be playing their little hearts out.  There's always next year....uhum....right?

Kansas City Chiefs...touchy subject...moving on.

I love that "holidays" have their own food theme.  Can you imagine Thanksgiving without pie?  Or the 4th of July without grilling?  Halloween without candy?  Of course not.  Those are must haves.  And as we all know the Super Bowl is about appetizers.  And hearty ones.  "Man food" if you will.

So I've gathered up some of the essentials.  These are more on the vegetarian side but I sprinkled in a few meaty bites.  It is the Super Bowl after all, I wouldn't want to completely deprive you.

One last thing before I leave you to drool on your keyboard...Along with this appetizer feast I'll be making on Sunday, I have a few more coming up.  Including my sister's BRIDAL shower (yes she's getting married! ah!) and The United Scents of America launch party at Shake the Tree on February 21st (if you live in Boston you should come!!).  And that means I need YOUR suggestions.  What are your favorite appetizers?  Ones that are sweep you off your feet, shed a tear kind of good?  Leave comments and I'll love you forever.  And ever.

Have a great week!



Boozy Bacon Jam



French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms



Beer-Cheese Potato Bites



Hot Asiago Crab and Artichoke Dip



Port Glazed Manchego Stuffed Figs with Prosciutto 



Mac and Cheese Bites



Frito Chili Pie



Caramelized Onion Dip



Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Guacamole



Oven Fried Onion Rings



Homemade Beer Pretzels



Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies



Beer Run Cupcakes with Vanilla Stout Buttercream

3 comments:

  1. I've made the Boozy Bacon Jam a million times and its AMAZING! I know the you and the boys are vegetarian now but its just so darn good! PS: Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chicky, thanks for sharing the Beer-Cheese Potato Bites! You have created a delicious list of super-bowl "man food" goodies! I think I may need to whip up a batch of those Beer Pretzels too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me so crazy hungry! Everything looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...