Monday, July 30, 2012

Dark and Stormy Cocktail

This week is going to be another one of those where I don't eat at home...once.  Well that's a lie.  I had breakfast at home this morning.  But other than that I'm going to be out and about and therefore don't need a Meal Plan for the week.  If you were hoping for some Meal Plan inspiration for your home this week look down to your left for the "Meal Plan" button...it will provide weeks of inspiration!

Are you dying to know why I won't be home for meals this week?  Of course you are(n't).  Well...my family is coming to town!  How exciting is that?  My mom, uncle, aunt, and three cousins will be making their way into Boston tomorrow for a few days of exploration, food, and fun before we all head to New York City for the weekend.  And I'm so excited.  I love having visitors in town.

So, instead of a Meal plan for the week I'm going to share one of my new favorite cocktails with you.  And it's unbelievably simple.  I'm almost a little embarrassed that I'm putting up a "recipe" for it because it's really not necessary.  But let's play pretend and act like it's absolutely necessary, okay?  Thanks.

It's called a Dark and Stormy.  But I made mine with Light Rum...making it a Light and Stormy...and it was still delicious so don't feel stifled by the whole "dark rum" thing.  It's perfect for a hot summer day so I suggest you call in sick to work, make yourself a cocktail, and head to the pool.  You need a day off, right?


Makes: 1 Cocktail   Prep Time: 1 minute  Total Time: 1 minute

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
1/4 lime
2 ounces dark rum
5 ounces ginger beer
ice
lime wedge for garnish, optional


 In a glass filled with ice, combine rum...


ginger beer...


 and lime.


 Throw in a straw.


 Stir.


And enjoy!

P.S. - Make sure to check back tomorrow for July's Foodie PenPal reveal day!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and easy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark & stormys are one of my favorites! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! This sounds soooo delicious! :) Such pretty pictures too! Hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...