Monday, April 23, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

It's going to be one of those weeks.

A week filled to the brim with events, working, and wrapping up with school.  A busy week topped off with finishing classes for the semester?  I'll take it.

Unfortunately for you however, this means that I won't be home ONE night this week.  So...my recipe posting might be a little less frequent.  But I'll give it my best shot, alright?

Since I won't be home to actually prepare dinner this week I thought we could focus on lunch for this weeks Meal Plan!  Besides, lunch often gets ignored and replaced with a quick trip to the deli or a big greasy slice of pizza.  And I don't think lunch likes that too much.  It wants to be made, taken with you to work/school, and loved just as much as the other meals.

Question: What are your go-to lunches during the week?

 {monday}

 As soon as I make my way home from the coffee shop and before I have to skedaddle off to class, I'm going to make this little salad.  It's super simple to throw together and would be the perfect lunch to make ahead and grab on your way out the door.  I'll probably add some grilled chicken but any kind of protein would be delicious with it!
Golden Chickpea and Artichoke Salad

{tuesday}

Tuesday is going to be my most time crunched day.  Solution?  The glorious crockpot.  Seriously, tell me you own one?  You just throw some ingredients in, turn it on, and then come home to a fully prepared meal?  Sold.  Tuesday, I'll be able to throw everything in before I leave for class and come home by lunch to this delicious barbeque chicken that I can toss over a salad or have with some sliced up avocado.  Yum.
Barbeque Shredded Chicken
-from The Kitchn

{wednesday}

Huevos Rancheros, I love you.  I usually don't have things like this for breakfast BUT for lunch?  You bet.  I'm planning on having some leftover barbeque chicken from Tuesday to top this delicious lunch off.  Want to come over?
Scrambled Huevos Rancheros

{thursday}

This past weekend I made pizza on the grill (which was an absolute hit and I'll probably share with you later this week even though I only have pictures via my phone) and I have a ridiculous amount of leftover ricotta and zucchini.  And since I have a bit more time for lunch on Thursday I'll have time to bake.  Mmm spring galettes.
Savory Zucchini and Ricotta Galette

{friday}

 Friday is a SUPER exciting day for our little household.  And that's because Friday night is the My Politic CD release party at Out of the Blue Art Gallery in Cambridge!  That's right ladies and gentlemen, My Politic has just released their 4th album, American Will!  Over the past year I have been able to sit back and enjoy while they holed up for hours on end to make this album.  I'm so impressed with their dedication and skills to bust this thing out in our living room.  That kind of thing doesn't happen anymore.  If you're around Boston on Friday, April 27th I highly encourage you come out to celebrate with them.  It will be a night to remember.  I promise.  If you can't join us, then you should check out the following links to buy a copy of the CD and stay updated on upcoming events/shows!
My Politic Blog - for more information on the show and upcoming events.
CD Baby - To purchase the new (and old!) album.
Itunes - American Will will be on Itunes soon, so if it's not up quite yet check back in a couple days!
 
Also, I'm in charge of bringing a some food for the evening.  A vegetarian dish to be exact.  So I'll be making the above...
Mango Quinoa Salad


And finally what is a celebration without dessert?  In my opinion...it isn't.  So these will probably have to tag along.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I'm going to make that quinoa salad this week! Just wanted to say hi and let you know read your blog. :) Glad you are loving Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks delicious, i'm so hungry ;)


    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...