Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Minny" Chocolate Pies

First things first...

 

Congratulations Suburban Prep!  You are the winner of the lovely Flour cookbook!  I will be getting in contact with you soon so I can send it your way!  I hope that you can enjoy it as much as I have.

For everyone else that entered...THANK YOU!  Seriously, you all made for a wonderful blog birthday.  I'm already counting down the days until the next one.

Now, as most of you know the Oscar's are tonight.  And I'm a little ashamed to say that unlike most years I have only seen a select few of the nominated films.  The ones I did see, I thoroughly enjoyed but I still don't have enough knowledge to give you my winning predictions.  However, if you're interested in some Oscar insight, check out Life Moves Pretty Fast's Oscar post {here}.  It's wonderful.  And she's wonderful.

So, in preparation for the Oscar bash tonight, I decided to make a little something from one of the films up for best picture....The Help.

Along with so many others, I was swept off my feet last year by The Help.  First the book, and then the movie.  Sigh.  I loved them both.  For those of you that have either seen or read The Help you may be a little concerned about the following recipe.  But have no fear.  I left out the *terrible awful*.  For those of you that missed this one...go read/watch The Help.  You'll understand.

"Minny" Chocolate Pies...
Adapted from: Cheeky Kitchen

Makes: 1 deep dish pie or 24 mini pies   Prep Time: 5 minutes   Bake Time: 20 minutes   Total Time: 25 minutes

{Print Me}

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups chocolate chips, melted until smooth
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons instant coffee
  • 2/3 cups evaporated milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 deep dish pie crust (or 4 premade pie crusts pressed into 24 muffin tins)
for the whipped cream:
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. Place brown sugar, melted chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, instant coffee, evaporated milk, eggs, flour, and salt into a mixer.  Mix until smooth, and then pour into deep dish crust, or 24 muffin tins.
  3. Transfer to oven and immediately turn down the heat to 325°.  Cook mini pies for 20 minutes, or until center of each pie has set.  Bake deep dish pie for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
  4. While pies are baking, beat heavy whipping cream with mixer until soft peaks form.  Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff.
  5. Remove pies from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, top with whipped cream and...
  6. Enjoy!



 

1 comment:

  1. I think you should cook the fried chicken as well. That would be a complete meal. Chicken and chocolate. Yummm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...